Finally got around to it… But I want to take this moment to thank Patricia from Rainbow Wanders who nominated me for…
Go have a look at her blog!!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Here are Patricia’s questions:
1. Use 5 adjectives to describe your blog.
Open-minded, kind, honest, thankful and accepting.
2. Your favourite city in the world?
It has to be Toronto. I haven’t done much travelling nor do I want to live here the rest of my life, but there’s something charming about this city. It’s inspired a lot of writing and living.
3. Where you are originally from and where are you currently living?
To protect the innocence, I won’t say where I’m from. But I’m currently living in Toronto.
4. What are your goals for 2018?
To finish a manuscript and get it sent out. If it gets published, then all the better. Otherwise, it’s to set myself up for grad school.
5. How did you come up with your blog name?
It actually comes from this short story.
6. What inspired you to start blogging?
When I realised I needed to connect with more like-minded people and discuss more with people who disagreed. I isolated myself far too much because of my mental illness that I thought I should connect with other because of my mental illness.
7. If you could choose a city to live in permanently, where would it be?
I am very pragmatic. Anywhere where I have a coffee store, somewhere to work, my wife in tow… I would be happy.
8. How do you keep yourself motivated to blog?
Comments! I love talking to people so revisiting some comments makes me happy.
9. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
The more superficial side: I’d like to have more of a following but that’s because I would love to transform this into a discussion platform. I really hope to develop the writings from this blog into a short story. We’ll have to see 😉
10. What does blogging mean to you?
It’s connecting. It’s opening horizons. It’s breaking down barriers.
11. How do you manage your time to run your blog efficiently?
I try to write as much as I can, when I can. However, that leave my blog with periods of silence. Funny for a blog based on discussion. But sometimes, working, volunteering and trying to manage an illness takes the majority of my time.
Hope that answers those questions!
And here are mine!
- What/who inspires you to blog?
- What are your favourite self-care tips and tricks?
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
- What is the hardest part of your illness(es)?
- What thing(s) can you celebrate about yourself?
- Do you have any hobbies? If not, what hobbies can you see yourself doing and why?
- Where do you blog/write (i.e at a desk, in the kitchen…) and why?
- What kinds of tips can you give to someone who has recently been diagnosed?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What keeps you blogging when barriers exist?
- If you have 1 thing to say to your readers to inspire them, what would it be?
And here are the nominees!!
The Bipolar Brat, Casey Elizabeth Denis
Bipolar Barb, Barb
Mental Health @ Home, ashleyleia
Can’t wait to see your responses!! Have a sun-filled day!